Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I need a holiday...

"There is a tide in the affairs of men, which taken at the flood leads to fortune; omitted, all the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and in miseries. On such a full sea we are now afloat and must take the current when it serves or lose our ventures."

I should very much like to avoid shallows and miseries. I do feel the swell of the tide around my ankles and I fear that if I do not begin to wade out I will indeed be bound to the shore and spend all my days straining to see what is beyond the curve of the horizon. I want to BE beyond that curve; to touch and smell whatever is there. The time is almost come when I know that I am to cut the ties that hold me here and set out upon the ventures I have always talked of. Just a few short weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment